A survival game like RimWorld requires organic medicines such as herbal medicine. In your base, the colonists will certainly catch a variety of diseases or would need medical assistance. You will produce medicine in numerous different ways, on your own to deal with the sick patients.
There are three kinds of medicine in this world such as ordinary, glitterworld, and herbal. They have diverse types of potency levels but it can be increased with the help of laboratory-made drugs. However, they can leave particular side effects. If you want your colony to be prosperous and healthy then, you need to learn the pros and cons and how to make this herbal medicine. Here, we have enlisted all three for you to survive.
Advantages of Herbal Medicine
In RimWorld, herbal medicine is the least expensive choice for the treatment of minor illnesses and injuries.
- The maximum healing power of seventy percent is sufficient.
- Herbal medicine mixes well with the tend quality of the hospital beds which helps the result of healing surpass its regular maximum.
- If the disease progress is behind enough than the immunity of one inhabitant then you can always use herbal medicine instead of other better medicine.
- You can make different medicine using neutral mine and cloth in a drug lab with herbal medicine. You will need at least four crafting and four intellectuals to prepare herbal medicine.
Disadvantages of Herbal Medicine
Among the three probable kinds of medicines in RimWorld, herbal medicine is with the least potency at only sixty percent.
- With its weak potency level, herbal medicine is not enough to treat severe illnesses but to tend to small injuries.
- Another disadvantage of herbal medicine is that you have to store it in the fridge. Otherwise, the elements in the herbal medicine will be damaged and you will have to craft them again.
- It’s not reasonable to use herbal medicine under situations like surgery. because, with that potency level, the chance is that the surgery will fail unless you are using enhanced physicians.
A Guide to Create Herbal Medicine
- You can produce herbal medicine from a plant called Healroot or in the prior version of the same game, it was Xerigium.
- One of the colonists needs to have the growing skill of at least eight. Therefore, you will be able to plant the Healroot in your growing area.
- One piece of advice you must follow is that you should protect your area with walls to keep the animals away.
- It might take some time to finish growing the Healroot plant. But as soon as it does, one of the colonists with the skill of Plant Cutting can start to harvest the Healroot plant. It will transform into herbal medicine automatically.
RimWorld is a unique world where you can treat patients with three different medicines, but you can choose to not waste much time and effort on prisoners or less important members of your colony. Here, you have the guide to make herbal medicine, now is the time to start healing.